Sunday, October 16, 2011

New chapter.

I am a soldier for 5 weeks already. Is it tough? It's pretty tough for someone like me that has not been exercising but still, I am thankful to God for this experience. I am in School 4, 3rd Company aka Samurai! Sounds nice isn't it!

Thankful that my commanders are all compassionate and understanding. And my Platoon Sergeant even encourage us to cut down on using vulgarities! Where on earth do you find a Sergeant that does not use vulgarities?!

Bunk mates? Well..so far, so good I guess? Disagreements are inevitable sometimes. How's the food in Tekong? LOUSY. (I am totally sick of Tekong food except those in the canteen.)

I'm slowly getting used to the life as a recruit already. Botak somehow feels so shiok. Wearing short pants feels so comfy. Exercising makes me feel healthier. And, being 5 minutes early for every single thing. Crazy huh?
The weirdest thing as a soldier is that, somehow you can never avoid the topic on Army when you see your friends. Not that your friends keeps asking you about it, but it is you that can't stop talking about it. I guess I'm slowly getting disconnected from reality and slowly moulding into this regimental lifestyle.

Small little breaks in between exercises became so precious even if it's only 3 minutes — every second counts. Night time became so precious, you don't really want to go for another round of exercise but having some solitary time for yourself. God seem so far away as you feel stuck in this military life. But still, God is good. I guess this is when you can slowly see time breaking down into parts and truly seeing God moving in your life.

Well, I'm botak and wears a geeky black framed spectacles. No where near being fashionable neither do I look as fierce as Sylvester Stallone in uniform. 5 weeks down, 12 weeks to POP!

side note:
My IPPT still fail lah. Chin-ups and 2.4 km run is soooo challenging!

No comments: