Sunday, October 23, 2011

I was asked to do some reflection writing for my officer about our views of the army life so far and here's what I wrote:


I shall first start with being thankful before going into some of the other details.

I am thankful that I have a great set of commanders taking my platoon. Thankful not only that they are more compassionate and gracious, but they love to teach and amend our mistakes. Thankful that we have officers that are willing to share their stories and some helpful tips more than any other officers. Thankful that we have sergeants that encourages us to press on and sharing part of their life stories too. These are the people that are not forced to do what they do, but because of their heart for the recruits and their mind for our welfare. I am truly thankful to have this set of commanders leading platoon 3.

It has been more than 6 weeks as a recruit, as a soldier. Looking back, I do miss my freedom, my laptop, my school, my friends and family. And I kinda miss working as a graphic designer too, I miss brainstorming, sketching, discussing and designing.

So what have I learned so far? I've learned more about myself. I've learned that I could actually do more than what I expect of myself. I've also learned that I need to have more patience, faith, hope and love for my platoon. I think it's inevitable to not argue with one another sometimes but, "a house divided against itself will not stand". Platoon 3 have to work harder not only on ourselves but as a team.

BMT phase is nearing and there's a saying that goes, "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going". I do hope that I will be able to achieve beyond what I think or imagine. I hope that platoon 3 will work harder as a platoon and becoming a more encouraging team that pushes one another to strive harder. Looking forward to the day I thank my officers and sergeants during my POP, I don't think I'll ever forget my life as a chao recruit.

I guess..that should be all. Thanks for reading!

No comments: