Monday, September 5, 2011

Life & Death

This week was a emotional roller coaster. It’s hard for me as a friend, to see Debbie’s brother’s life end so abruptly. Life is so unpredictable and so fragile.

It’s very difficult for me to see how heart broken they are. This is the moment when I feel totally useless, as a friend, how much help can I provide to ease that void in their hearts?

In fact, nobody can.

Throughout the whole memorial service and cremation, I can truly see how much impact Derrick did in his lifetime. Many times, I can’t stand to look into the eyes of his family and friends. I’ve also learned a lot from him, even when I did not know him personally but through the testimonies by his friends I’ve learned that we ought to be more generous. Generous with time, money, and even some sincere affection.

During the memorial services, I thought to myself, “what kind of person would I want to be remembered as?” Tough question. The answer is, ‘Be the person you want to be remembered as’. Legacy is crucial. I guess even in death, a man of God like him can still shine. Because the glory of God over powers the power of death.

At the end of the whole event, all I can say is that he is very loved. How I wish he can see it for himself.

Well, I guess someday when I see him in heaven, I’ll say, “wazzup!”. It will be an honor to meet him.

“We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” — Chuck Palahniuk

No comments: